In today’s modern life, the rice cooker is an unreasonable household appliance for every family in bringing hot and delicious meals to the family. And the quality of rice after cooking and the durability of the pot over time are determined from the inner pot material.
So what is the inner pot material of the rice cooker? What types of inner pot materials are there on rice cookers? Let’s find out with Cho Lon Electronics!
How does the inner pot material affect the quality of rice?
The quality of the inner rice cooker plays a very important role in the quality of the rice grain. Because the pot gives off good heat but the inner pot is not thick, the rice does not absorb heat well and the temperature is not stable. The thicker the pot, the better the heat retention, the more supple the rice will be, but the longer the cooking time.
Classification of rice cooker inner materials
1. Aluminum alloy
It is the most commonly used inner pot material today and is favored by the following advantages:
The price is quite cheap, from only 200,000 VND, you can own a rice cooker.
– Light weight, anti-rust.
– Fast heat conduction makes the cooking time of rice faster.
– Pots usually do not have anti-stick properties, so the rice is very easy to burn, not as delicious as other pot materials, and it is also quite difficult to clean.
– Not as durable as other inner pot materials.
– The pot also has a relatively low average lifespan.
2. Non-stick enameled aluminum alloy
Non-stick enameled aluminum alloy inner pot has the same material as aluminum alloy but is covered with a layer of enamel to help prevent stickiness, this is a slightly more advanced rice cooker line than aluminum alloy inner pot with the following features: advantages such as:
Non-stick coated aluminum alloy pot on pan Panasonic MEV18HRA
– Comfortable price in the range of 400,000 VND or more but covered with a non-stick layer to keep the rice from sticking to the pot.
– Non-stick enameled aluminum rice cooker ensures fast, delicious and non-burnt rice cooking.
– Non-stick enameled aluminum alloy you often find in electric rice cookers and popular electronic rice cookers.
– You should carefully consider the non-stick material during the purchase process, to ensure that it is not harmful to health when used.
– The non-stick coating in the inner pot is often easy to peel off over time.
– Durability also varies in thickness to price and brand of rice cooker.
3. Non-stick enamelled cast iron pot
The inner pot is made of non-stick enamelled cast iron and is widely applied to today’s high-grade rice cookers.
The inner pot is made of non-stick enameled cast iron on the Cuckoo 0631F . pot
– Non-stick enameled cast iron material is the best material with the most advantages of the inner rice cooker.
– The inner pot is thick, absorbs heat and retains heat well, the heat is always stable during rice cooking.
– The rice is hot enough, not burnt, so the rice grains are soft, delicious, full of flavor and grilled.
– Easiest to clean.
– Product prices in the high-end segment with prices from 2 million or more.
– The weight is quite heavy and the cooking time is quite long.
4. Non-stick enamelled stamping aluminum
Non-stick enameled cast iron material is the best material with the most advantages of the inner rice cooker.
– Non-stick enamelled stamped aluminum pot is composed of many layers that are very thick and durable.
– Long-term heat retention creates spongy, delicious, fresh rice grains, and keeps warm for a long time.
– Non-stick enamel coating to prevent burning.
– High price.
– Only available in high-end electronic rice cookers.
5. Diamond non-stick enamelled aluminum
Learn about the inner pot materials of rice cookers
– Similar to the above non-stick glazed aluminum stamping material, the structure of the pot also includes 5-7 layers depending on the manufacturer.
– Non-stick diamond coating material makes the pot safer for users’ health.
– Diamond coating has high hardness, withstands rubbing up to 100,000 times.
– Simple and fast cleaning.
– High cost, and often appear on Panasonic electronic rice cooker product lines.
6. Kamado diamond non-stick multi-layer alloy
– Constructed of many large and sturdy: aluminum and stainless steel, extremely thick, difficult to peel off the non-stick layer.
– Aluminum has the effect of transferring heat very evenly around the pot, stainless steel makes the pot magnetic.
– Kamando non-stick coating is durable with 110,000 washes.
– Produces 2.5 times more bubbling bubbles that are constantly moving during cooking (compared to a conventional pot).
– Faster heat spread for faster cooking.
– Only available in electric rice cookers (high-frequency rice cookers)
The above are the common inner pot materials commonly used on rice cookers. What type of rice cooker are you using?
And do you plan to buy a rice cooker with a inner pot? Please leave a comment below.
Some of the most used rice cookers today: